Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Before notes on BC Juvenile Fillies Turf

Now, this one is on the grade I path. I wonder, actually, when the last time we've had such a great grade II has been? Perhaps the Royal Heroine when it was a Cashcall race. We see what happens with the quality when the main-track race isn't run on synthetic, and doesn't siphon off much of the field.

From the rail out, Stopshoppingmaria, Stephanie's Kitten, European group I winner Elusive Kate, and the two Lemon Drop Kids (Customer Base and Somali Lemonade) seem to highlight it. There's also Pure Gossip and her 87 Beyer in the Miss Grillo, but I'm not convinced she is as good as the 6+ length margin of victory and Beyer would suggest. I'd like to be a bit adventurous and take Stephanie's Kitten, who looked quite good in the Alcibiades, but how can I pick against Somali Lemonade?

No comments:

Post a Comment