Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flashy Dresser, as of 3/22

I just made a post warning about getting too excited about horses off their debuts, but I have to say that I think the 3-year-old colt and Rushaway entrant Flashy Dresser is a potential top horse who may be being perceived as being just another prospect right now. There's another way to look at the time he ran breaking his maiden than the way that Beyer looked at, which produced an 89 Beyer. I got a 101 for the race, and the 89 interpretation didn't really occur to me. Then, visually, I thought the race was outstanding. Flashy Dresser was forced to come off the pace a little, and ran up on horses. My comments read "No trouble assuming command," "With authority," "To lead in hand," "++ to +++ visual." The two horses behind were Unbridled's Way, a full brother to Eight Belles, and Broome Street, a half brother to Sky Mesa. They started as a 7-10 entry in a field consisting almost exclusively of first-time starters.

While Flashy Dresser went off 7-1, this counted as being bet in my mind, with his jockey, Luis Contreras, owning just a 7% win percentage at the meet, and Fred Seitz not a trainer bettors respond to. The 7-1 made some sense off a 59 4/5 bullet work.

Flashy Bull is a live young sire. After skimming Flashy Dresser's female family, I concluded there "doesn't seem to be any FF here to speak of." I would take the $70,000 yearling price as a definite positive in light of Flashy Dresser's pedigree, particularly since bidders didn't have the positive runners by which to judge Flashy Bull that they have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment